Tuesday 29 January 2013

Did I make the right choice?





The 1st week was rather nerve-wrecking for me. I was very eager to enter the school of Art, Design and Media which is known as "NTU Marina Barrage" due to its structure. I went early to check out the place and locate my next class – DM2009 Performance and Interaction. 

The elective I chose was purely a decision based on my interest to find out how performing arts interact with the public or rather how people view performing arts. My first impression was honestly “oh no, please no more literature”. The introduction however made me feel otherwise. The lecturer made us interested in his lesson,giving us an opportunity to express our views on performing arts. I can’t believe I was actually eagerly reading the 9 pages of essay to really imagine what the writer wants to bring to his audience - It’s not about how the painting turns out to be, it’s how the painter demonstrates are by splashing his work to create the painting.

The most interesting part of the day – the performing of an act found in “Fluxus Performance Workbook”. We brainstormed and cracked ideas in group of 3 to come up with a simple skit and portrayed as per instructed in the pdf booklet. Improvement can be made with each individual group skit, but sure do, everyone had a good time. Ironically, due to our enthusiasm during lesson, the 3hours of lesson felt as though time passby very quickly which ended pretty well. I Certainly look forward to the next lesson with homework – research on something that we would like to pursue for the next 13 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment